Monday 15 March 2010

BUCS Weekend

Wow what a weekend!! Let me start from Thursday.
It all started with my journey to Sheffield. The journey there was fine, that was until I got into Sheffield city centre. That was when my sat nav took me on the journey of hell, round & round in circles, trying to find my hotel. After driving round in circles for an hour I suddenly stumbled upon the hotel. I finally got to bed about midnight!!!

Friday now i set off giving myself 45 mins to get to the venue, which I'm surprised I reach in 10 mins, but wait the sat nav tells me I've arrived, but I'm sitting outside the bus centre!!! I ask for directions, which send me out of town!! I decide to phone the lead physio & tell him i might be late, as I can't find venue. At this point he tells me that sat navs don't work in the centre of town as the town centre has been redesigned and all sat navs haven't been updated!! Great, so I drive round, and round, and round for nearly an hour until I accidentally come across the turning.
Once I'm in though I have a great day. Can't elaborate more than that for confidentiality reasons.

Saturday. Early start. I put my faith in the sat nav again.......you guessed it. It takes me nowhere near where I'm supposed to go. I cuss and I swear. I meet a very nice lady who points in the right direction. Me & the sat nav are now having a full blown argument. I win as I lock it in the glove compartment!!!
Another good day. At the end we go to HQ. I get lost again & end up behind where i want to be at Rotherham FC's ground!!
Anyway meeting goes well. I find out what the criteria will be to be chosen to work at the Olympics. That is my big determination, to be part of the 2012 Olympics.

Sunday passes, it's actually a bit of an anti climax compared to the other 3 days. I head home 3hr drive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment